- Americans drink more than One BILLION glasses of water per day.
- On average, 50-70% of home water is used outdoors for watering lawns and gardens.
- Daily indoor per capita water use in a home with no water-conserving fixtures is 74 gallons.
- Toilets are the number one biggest water user in the home. Approximately 28% of the home’s water is used here.
- Would you believe showers use almost 15% more water than the average bath?
- By installing more efficient water fixtures and regularly checking for leaks, you can reduce daily per capita water use by almost 30%.
- Average household water use annually = 127,400 gallons. Average daily household water use = 350 gallons.
- It takes about 4,776 gallons of water to raise a Christmas tree.
- After thanksgiving dinner in 1999, 16.4 million Americans watched football. At half-time, American toilets flushed 16.4 million times and used 48.5 million gallons of water.
Source: American Water Works Association Weather conditions