Do you really watch your water use?
Take a moment to check some of the ways you can conserve:
- Got kids? How long are they in the shower?
- Is the toilet drip free? Drop food coloring into the back of the tank, if in 10 minutes or less color appears in the bowl the seal is leaking by.
- Do you always set the washing machine level, or do you just fill it up regardless of the load?
- When you wash your car do you let the hose run or use a bucket and a valve on the house to shut the flow off when not needed?
- Are all your faucets drip free?
- How about watering the flowers, lawn and garden? Only you know how long you let water run.
- Automated sprinklers? Got rain control or a moisture sensor that keeps them off when not really needed; or do you water even in the rain due to a timer just being set to GO.
A little caution and a minute or two to check can save lots of money and just as important conserve water!!